6G Excellence Scholarships
EURECOM and the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance have collaborated to create a new scholarship program called the 6G Excellence Scholarships. This program is available to driven students who want to pursue a Master of Science in Intelligent Communication Systems and can exhibit a strong interest in the potential of future intelligent networks (6G) in fields such as wireless communications, mobile computing, networking, mobile applications and services, communication theory, signal processing, and learning for networks.
|Deadline:||31 May 2023|
|Funding||EUR 5,000 for 24 months|
To be eligible for this opportunity, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Engineering from a recognized top university.
- Be listed on one of the international ranking lists, such as THE, QS, or ARWU.
- Alternatively, be from one of the Top 50 Chinese universities according to ARWU, or from one of the Top 50 Indian engineering colleges or universities according to NIRF India.
- Depending on the circumstance, be from one of the top universities in the country based on THE, QS, ARWU, CS Ranking, Scimago by subject (Computer Science and ICT), or location (Asia or Latin America ranking) or in QS BRICS, Asia, Latin America, Arab Region, or EECA ranking.
- Have a minimum overall GPA score of 3.5/4 (or CGPA of 7/10) or belong to the top 10% of the graduating class. Candidates must submit an official document issued by their university that proves they are among the top 10% of their graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by the university, a reference letter, or a class ranking certificate.
- Demonstrate a proven interest in future intelligent networks (6G) and some of the fields of specialization, including Wireless Communications, Mobile Computing, Networking, Mobile Applications and Services, communication theory, Signal Processing, and learning for networks. Candidates must submit a short letter of explanation.
- Possess knowledge and willingness to work within the OpenAirInterface Alliance, which is considered a strong asset.
For external applicants, the program includes 2 (two) 6G EXCELLENCE scholarships of EUR 5.000 for the complete master duration (24 months). The scholarship is paid out to the awarded student after arrival at EURECOM (Nov-Dec 2023 to be confirmed).
Please note that :
- Accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by scholarship holders and non-holders alike.
- Scholarship can’t be combined with other EURECOM’s scholarship programs (Carnot scholarship or partial tuition fee waiver’s program.)
- Scholarships are to be used for intake in academic year 2023/24 only.
- The payment of the scholarship is conditioned on the student starting his MSc program in the Fall 2023 (it can’t be deferred to a later time).
The application is done via the same online form as your application to a Master’s program (https://admission.eurecom.fr/en/).
It is however necessary to specify in your motivation letter that you also want to be considered for one of the 6G Excellence scholarships.
Besides the normal application package, you will also be asked to upload three (3) additional “6G Excellence scholarship” specific documents:
- Proof of excellence of your university (ex: screenshot of ranking webpage)
- Your overall GPA or belonging to top 10% of your class (one page where the information is highlighted)
- One short letter describing your past experience/courses and interests in the field (one page maximum).
Cafegist Category: Scholarships